Friday, August 31, 2012

Jane Eyre

As I sit here...it's late obviously. Rachel and I are staying the night at the Potters because she is looking after their dog (animals?) while they're gone for a few days. They have wifi so I can stay up and blog or do whatever I please...we're currently watching the new Jane Eyre...I am conscious of the fact of how much movies play with your mind.

Truthfully this movie really sucks. Comparing it to BBC...well...who dares compete with BBC? I mean...why did they even consider making another one after BBC made it. There is no reason, really. The people are really ugly, but that's not all. They attempted to make the movie shorter so they are just rushing right through...skipping over details and making everything just fly. This couple feels like they practically just met and now they are engaged...then almost married a second later...and now broken up just a minute later. It's over and gone and past. They didn't even know each other! In the other movie they knew like all about each other. This one is all about mad passion and emotion as opposed to more reason and logic and common sense.

I'm sitting here just shaking my head at them...it's an awful movie! Okay, I take that back...this is an awful *version* of this movie. And yet, I do have to see it through to the end...it's inevitable. I have to or else there will be no end of torment at my head as to if it ended even semi-okay. They didn't even follow the book in hardly anything other then the main character is very very plain. I've never given a live commentary on a movie before...and I do apologize if I'm just ranting. I suppose with no one online at this hour I feel a bit lonely. Everyone is in bed now or not online.

Today went well...I had work first thing in the morning and I was able to feel productive. Once I got home I did some work online and then mowed. Aimee came over and we got to hang out for a bit...she took a test and I studied and began to memorize Ephesians. Then she brought me over here to the Potter's house. Tomorrow I have lunch with my grandma and also a good deal of bridal shower planning before work tomorrow night and L'Abri and then I believe Philip is spending the weekend over and other such work plans like that. Should be fun!

I hope to finish up this movie...rant more about it...and then get some sleep or just chill. Hoping you are all sleeping very well and ignore this movie commentary of mine. Just DON'T WATCH IT. Get the BBC version for your own sake!!

No comments: