Thursday, August 9, 2012

Spiders and Memories

Lately I have been set with the curse of spiders! It's actually kind of weird. The other night ago, my brother found this huge spider that we nicknamed "Shelob" (for any of you who have seen Lord of the Rings) and he captured it it a Mason jar and I have it somewhere around here. Then when I was in the car last night headed to work I found two different spiders on me. I just looked down and there was this spider just sitting on my shirt...so I flicked it off and then I noticed another one on my hand. Crazy! Plus I've found two different (what I believe to be) spider bites...maybe the cause of my weird dizziness/black outs. It's like I'm all of a sudden a huge magnet for spiders! Or maybe I'm just now noticing how many spiders we have around this house. Hopefully it doesn't make me paranoid and then I start imagining being covered in spider webs as I lay in bed (yes, I have had that kind of funky experience). 

Also, yesterday we headed off to Indiana...which turned out so much fun! It was kind of to get away and do some shopping...so while we were shopping yesterday Jon found some lemon drops. For those of you who don't know what these are, they are just hard candies that taste like lemon. Anyways, we were both reminded of something my mum used to do for us when we were younger. Back when we lived in California my mum had this jar of lemon drops, and on rainy/cloudy days she would pull it out and give us each a lemon drop "to brighten our days". It was a real treat and it brought us a little sunshine! She did it for a little bit once we moved out here, but then it just didn't work out so great and so eventually we just dropped out of the habit. But anyways, we were reminded of it yesterday but when we asked my mum if she remembered it she said no. Rakie does remember it, so it must have happened! So that's the weird memory for the day.

Hope you all are having fun and get a chance to get away for a little R&R whatever you're doing! Trust me...this trip to Indiana really made a difference. God bless you!

No comments: