Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Just Another Day of Life

Yesterday, I learned how to look like an absolute idiot in front of people! Let me rephrase that...I went ice. skating. Now don't get me wrong...I love ice skating, I really do. But ice skating for me is like painting, running, singing, dancing, drawing, and other such things are for me: I love them and I wish I was super good at them, but I just plain fail at them!

No, but Aimee and her mum and I all went out yesterday to go ice. skating. It was fun...and I didn't fall...but I know I didn't push myself and go as fast or as daring as I could have. Also, my skates were a piece of crap so I hurt my ankle pretty bad and have plenty of bruises from that...but bruises are a bit like battle scars, as Aimee likes to remind me. She also said that if you didn't fall you were doing something wrong. I guess I was doing something wrong all day! But yes, I was taking it easy since I had work later that night.

It was definitely a new experience to go ice. skating during summer. To go in with my summer clothes and then to bundle up and put on a hoodie, fuzzy socks gloves, and a hat and still get chilly and then get hot chocolate before going outside to shed it all off again! But all in all I had an enjoyable time.

Originally this was going to have some deep and purposeful meaning to it, but now that I've reached the end of the story nothing much comes to mind. I guess just...go out there...enjoy life. Smell the rain, dance in the puddles, praise God for all His blessings, live in the moment, never regret the past, learn from life's lessons, love your friends, smile more, compliment a stranger...and other funky stuff! Have a great day! :)

No comments: