Saturday, August 4, 2012

Power outtage

I have always been under the mindset that when the power goes out then it automatically becomes some romantic situation. The other night I was once again reminded of how much a pain in the butt it really is! I was just sitting down to watch the finals for the women's gymnastics...probably the number one thing I would never want to be uninterrupted while watching it. Any other sport...any other channel...any other show I wouldn't have cared so much. I guess it's a good thing though...taught me not to set my mind so firmly upon doing something that I simply wanted and didn't need.

Anyways...so the power shut off and that pretty much put a damper on the whole evening for everyone. We didn't have many candles and we never have flashlights (they always go missing -.-) so it was just pretty dark. It was a little sad to see how firmly we are attached to running water and electricity. My dad has become so used to the A/C in his room (that's the only room with A/C) that he slept down in the basement because it was a little cooler. Pretty much the only space to sleep down there is either in his big comfy chair or on the futon...both of which are in my "room/space" down there. I usually don't sleep too well if other people are in the same room so I just moved blankets and pillows and such upstairs to the couch where I sat and watched movies till about 1am. The power did come on shortly before midnight, but my dad still slept down there so I just stayed on the couch.

I don't exactly know where I was going with that story...I thought I had some kind of wholesome thought or good moral to take away from it. Oh well! Maybe you can draw your own special meaning or lesson from it. I hope you have an excellent day wherever you are and with whatever you're doing. God bless!

No comments: