Thursday, August 2, 2012

Strength Part 2

I am finally sitting down this morning with a nice, large cup of coffee in hand. This day will be good, I will make sure of it. So I got to thinking about my post the other day about strength and what I said about it...but what Part 1 should have consisted of was this:

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore. (Psalm 121)

That is the *true* source of strength and peace. In a world that so desperately needs to be built up and made strong this is a message that should be promoted. Unfortunately, this world is pretty messed up in many more ways than just that one, so it's rather hard to tell which message to put out first and foremost. We are just desperately in need of a lot of messages, the need for true salvation is essential as well.

My prayer for you, my readers, is that you are well strengthened and built up today...that you would lift your eyes up to the Lord, where all your strength originates.

No comments: