Friday, August 10, 2012

How Much Sense Does This Culture Make?

So this is just going to be a short rant about how absolutely retarded this culture and what defines us is just stupid! Well, maybe this will be longer then I thought - haha. The culture that we live in now is pretty crazy - and what defines a lot of any culture is the music that they listen to. Now, I'm not condemning anyone...because if I was to get on anyone's case about the music that they listen to then I would be a true hypocrite. My point is...the music that you listen to: is it what defines *you*? Do you let it shape and form you to become and to think like how the people behind the music want you to be shaped and formed? A lot of the music nowadays is completely retarded (apparently I like that word today)! One of the songs that has stuck out to me lately is one that I won't name...but if any of you have heard it you will know exactly which one I'm referring to.


One of the big things that bugs me is how we let this *kids* sing music that makes up a daily part of our lives. I'm talking 13 year olds...now I won't actually name names...but it is slightly frustrating when these adolescents get to sing these songs that should be sung by at least 20 year olds! What does a 15 year old know about true love and dedication? It doesn't help that their definition of love is twisted and false. And the lives of celebrities shows that they believe what they sing and fall for that false, twisted love. But that's a whole different conversation!

Back to my original point: this particular song that I've chosen to pick on starts off pretty harmless...the guy is telling his girl how she doesn't need makeup and how everyone sees her beauty. Ok...that may be harmless, but it gives the impression that beauty is just the outer stuff...and it's not. The prettiest beautiful is on the inside. Anyways! I'm going to just try and breeze through my points instead of dragging this on like I already am. He tells her that she lights up his world like none other and how all the little things she does is so amazing to him. Now...for my biggest peeve with this song: he says "You don't know you're beautiful...that's what makes you beautiful." Ok...how on *earth* does that make her beautiful?? If a girl doesn't know she's beautiful she is going to deny it constantly and that is certainly is not attractive. I've seen it happen before and it is rather ugly if you ask me. He then goes on to say "If only you saw what I can see, you'll understand why I want you so desperately"  and says that just to prove his point he put all this in a song. So...correct me if I'm wrong but he says that her not seeing her beauty is what makes her beautiful...but then writes this whole song to try and prove how beautiful she is to her? So maybe he doesn't want her beautiful anymore?

Anyways! That's my random thought for that song. I could be totally wrong, maybe I'm just misunderstanding his point or maybe I don't have that missing puzzle piece that would make it all make sense! If you have any insight on this song or anything I've said go ahead and let me know! I love any comments. Have a super great day!

No comments: