Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Little of Work and Life

Today has been a pretty good day...I didn't get much sleep but I woke up and went off to work at Jackie's. Let me tell you...puppies are cute and stuff...but kids? Geesh...I just don't understand how kids can be so adorable! And these kids are NO exception to this fact.

Ellie is such a smart cookie...she is the oldest and such a rule follower. She has soo much life and vitality just flying from her! She's usually bouncing around and having a blast but today I did get to see a bit of her quiet side when she decided to take a nap pretty much first thing while I folded laundry. She's 6 now and quite proud of that fact. She can be such a helper and before resting she helped me fold and sort laundry. She's good at "mothering" the other children.

And Abbie is such a little sweetheart. She's quiet...I don't know if I've ever heard her talk before...she rarely even talks to her parents, but she is such a little dear. At first you think she's shy but if you hang out with her enough and gain her trust she really opens up! She wouldn't let me out of her sight today and was constantly wrapping her little arms around my waist for hugs. She's a little bit more of a dare devil when it comes to rules and such but she's got a lot of first-born traits even though she's the second oldest. She just turned five early last month. She's got a lot of mischief bottled up and if you get her to relax she turns into a little imp!

Oh my, then there is little Lucie goosie...she really is a goose and she tends to steal the heart of every single person who ever lived and sees her. She is by far the cutest little girl I've ever seen in my whole life and her ENERGY is unbelievable! She's constantly running here or there or jumping or squealing or something like that! But one thing I am grateful for is that she is one who is the cuddler of the family. She is also full of mischief and if you don't watch out you'll find she dragged you into doing something that you probably shouldn't be doing! She has the cutest little face and she is just plain, outright adorable. I don't see how anyone could resist her little charms and cuteness. She's a big 4 years old now and so proud to be a "big girl".

I'm beginning to see more and more how Kade is just the naughtiest one of all! He is the only boy in a family of all little cute girls so I'm sure he gets his share of attention too. He is adorable but still a bit of the baby. He has the sweetest little smile (especially when he's into something bad xD). He's being potty trained currently and so he does require a bit of attention, but he's so worth it all! He's rather tough for a kid his age and when he falls he is normally just fine and just brushes himself off. He doesn't like the lake out in the back, but he does get used to it and as long as there is no splashing he will kinda sneak out to play in the shallows.

And Annie is the youngest now...she was born back in early May and she's the quietest and most well-behaved baby I've seen. You can set her down and go do chores and stuff and she won't make a peep. If she does start to fuss the other kids are pretty good about spoiling her with attention. The only thing about her is I found out the hard way that when she sleeps she breaths differently. It really freaked me out until I stood there by her crib for about 5 minutes and realized that she wasn't choking or dying, that it was just how she breaths while she sleeps.

The older kids love to go outside and ride their bikes or take walks or play in the water. It's so encouraging to see kids their age not just sitting in front of the TV but actually wanting, begging, and pleading to go outside in the sun. I can't imagine how they stand winter. It helps that Jackie and Brian both treat me like a mature and grown adult. They see me as an equal, not so much an employee...they talk to me and we just hang out and I feel like they are completely open and sincere with me. They are good and on time with paying me and they treat me very well. I work as hard as I would here at home and I think they expected less than me because they are usually surprised, but I love working for them and even if they didn't pay me I'd keep coming back! Those kids are just so much fun to be with.

Unfortunately cleaning and babysitting for 5 hours really took its toll on me today. I'm just laying in bed feeling crummy. My head is throbbing and my whole back, shoulders, and neck are super sore and tense. My health has been pretty good these past few months but is starting to go downwards I'm noticing. Guess I just have to keep at all the meds and water and lots of sleep...sleep has been lacking lately. But praise God for these past few months! I was pleasantly surprised by how long I felt really great.

I am praying that all my readers, whoever you are, are blessed and encouraged and built up today! May God bless you all!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm glad you have such a great babysitting job and I'm praying that you feel stronger and better very soon!

Erin

Unknown said...

Thank you, Erin! I've missed getting to see you weekly for HPA...and we should definitely hang out sometime if you want :)