Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Beautiful Birthday

Right now it is late Wednesday night...but it's still August 1st...so yesterday was my birthday. On July 31, I turned the big 17. It doesn't feel all that big. It kinda crept up on everyone so it wasn't that big of a deal. We were kinda busy for it anyways. And God has been putting me through some life-shaping experiences lately too, so it's been a little rough. Needless to say, I didn't think it'd be all that super. But God as usual, laughed at me and showed me up. The morning wasn't too great to be honest...but the day did get better. By the evening I was enjoying myself.

Aimee came and picked me up and we went out shopping a bit and tried to kick some stuff off our bucket list (the whole list can be found on pinterest). We found out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop and we began our goal of finishing a whole coloring book. Don't laugh, because that last one is really a challenge. We found out that there are 96 coloring pages in the one book we got. Thankfully it's a Winnie the Pooh coloring book so it's way worth it. We also got my free birthday coffee and then walked around downtown Charlotte just enjoying life.

Today I got to watch my newest babies...Ellie, Abby, Lucie, and Kade...they are the cutest, sweetest, most energetic little ones I have ever seen. Thankfully they love me to death. The moment I stepped inside today I was surrounded and covered by little ones! What a blessing it is to have that "complaint". My job is mainly to occupy the kids so their mum can do work around the house or just relax. She has another new baby: Annabelle...so I do not blame her for needing a breather! I got to take the kids out on a nice long walk/bike ride and I got to learn Patience and Self-Control 101! We got back and then got to head out to the little lake that they live on...it was SO much fun to splash around with them and laugh and giggle and just enjoy all the little things. I felt ages younger then 17 at that time. Then it was lunch time and then just relaxing until I had to go.

I went straight over to the library where I spent a few hours wiping down books and shelves. Our library is doing remodeling for the first time since it was built 18 years ago. We've been closed for about 2 weeks and will open on Monday but until then they need help cleaning up shelves and books and organizing and reading the shelves to keep it all in order. Then I came home and just relaxed...a full day away from home and spent doing either physically or mentally taxing jobs kinda wore me out. I did get to spend some good time with my sister Becca and tomorrow we will hopefully be going on a bike ride. In addition to that us girls will probably begin work on the wedding invitations. My mum doesn't know yet, but we'll be surprising her with a "Mama's day off"...she doesn't do *any* work at all.

It is encouraging to me to see how many views I'm getting on my blog...even if they are accidental stumbles across my blog by a random google search it motivates me to write more and think deeper and educating thoughts so that I can share them with you, my readers. If anything ever strikes your fancy, please comment. I love reading any thoughts or comments. Goodnight blog readers!

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Happy Birthday!

Kind of surprising that I haven't run into you at the Library yet. There sure has been a lot of dust, though. :-)

Unknown said...

I was there on Wednesday and I did see you! But you kind of ran off to work on computers...I'll be there today and there's L'Abri tonight :) If I'm not completely covered in dust I'll make sure to say "hi" :)

Thank you for your kind birthday wishes!