Saturday, May 1, 2010

My life :)

Wow...all I can say is wow. My life has been so filled with blessings it is hard to know where exactly to start. God has shown me His Love and is Mercy very visibly during these past few weeks. I have received sign after sign that He is there and He is hearing me and He knows exactly what I need and He has given it to me.

All my friends...you are such a blessing. You have no clue what little things you do that brighten my *entire* day. Even a smile or a hug mean so very, very much to me. I thank the Lord especially for Erin, Katherine, Madison, and Marissa. Knowing that you girls are out there to help me up whenever I fall is such a *huge* encouragement.

My family...I know...this isn't supposed to be like this. I know that I under appreciate my family for what they are. They are everything. I don't know where I'd be right now if it weren't for them. My friends are amazing, but my family is awesome. God knew what He was doing when He placed the people in my family where they are. Sometimes it doesn't feel like they're anything to me, and that they are the hugest pests ever. But honestly? I can be too!! I have learned to turn things back on me whenever I think bad of someone else. I can be just as bad if not worse! So thank you, Lord for the family you gave me.

The many things that have been falling into place have been wonderful. I didn't have enough money to go to Blue Lake, which is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. So earlier this week, I laid it to God...I said "Lord, this is something I've been wanting to do. Not something I need. But I know you do provide for wants as well as needs. Please, if this is Your Will, let me do it? I know that it is Your Will if you can provide the means of money. I won't have it in time. I'll have it just after the required day. Please, open a door for me." Then, I asked for the money from my Grandma. I honestly didn't know what she was going to say. But she called me early the next morning and said that she'd be more than happy to do this. I was ecstatic for the rest of the day! Well, lol, I guess I still am. I can't believe that God has been so providing even to my wants! This is just one of many examples that I could give of God giving me things that I simply ask for. One more thing that I think is essential to thank Him for here is the gift that He gave me to see these gifts. He has truly opened my eyes and made me so thankful for them. This I thank Him for. :) I love it when I can see His Love, His mercy, His Will, His provision portrayed so clearly. It is so humbling to know that I can't even breath without His Will. It's because of His Love, that I can be here today confident of seeing Him one day face-to-face. It is because of His Mercy that I can be here today telling you this and glorifying Him through everything that I do. His provision has seen me through everything: ecstatic days of dancing in the rain, sad days when all I want to do is cry, days where I can't see anything good and am so stubborn and angry, or days with serious depression where all I want to do is jump off a bridge. Lord, you have seen me through it all...I am still here because of you. If it was left up to me, I'd be gone years ago. But I'm not...I'm here...I'm alive...I'm still glorifying You, because of You. So after all of this, there is nothing to say but "Thank you." I found this beautiful song on Marissa and Andrea's blog on their playlist, and I thought I'd leave the lyrics here to close off. So farewell, and whoever you are: Thank you. :)


Oceans Will Part by Hillsong:

Verse 1:
If my heart has grown cold,
There Your love will unfold;
As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand.
When I'm blind to my way,
There Your Spirit will pray;
As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand,
As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand.

Chorus:
Oceans will part; nations come
At the whisper of Your call.
Hope will rise; glory shown.
In my life, Your will be done.

Verse 2:
Present suffering may pass,
Lord, Your mercy will last;
As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand.
And my heart will find praise,
I'll delight in Your way,
As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand,
As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand.

2 comments:

Erin said...

wow, i did the exact same thing, i wasn't going to camp, and then i started praying about it...and God answered my prayer in a totally awesome way!(as always) :) I love you Bacon!
♥Erin

Sarah said...

That's amazing! I read about that on your blog! God is so wonderful! <3 you Swett!!

<3 Sarah