Friday, November 16, 2012

Consistency and Trustworthiness

Right now my heart and head are spinning...they feel a bit like they got hit by a blender and the lid happened to be off so it went all over the place. I'm just...overwhelmed. I'm doing it on purpose a lot. Basically...today was really rough. It was a day where I got up on time and had coffee and a good attitude and I had planned for a really great day. Not so hot though. It ended up being a day where literally everything went down the toilet. Ugh. I can honestly say there was nothing good that came of today other than the fact that I realized it was a rotten day and tried to change my attitude and not bring other down with me...although they did admit themselves that their days had been the same way.

But something I did think about today is this: "I'm fine" and more importantly "It's fine" are two of the biggest lies of today. I had an instance where a person made me...excessively late to an extremely important audition. This isn't the first time either. It's not something they had ever intended. But this person has a tendency to be running all over the place and be rather late...often.

I'm NOT saying we should always be on time! I'm not saying we should be perfect. I'm not saying that we have to be right every second of every moment of our lives. I'm simply saying...consistency is important. As Christians we are bound to try and glorify God first and foremost and we can't do that if we are consistently breaking our word. We ought to rather seek to be our best to keep our word...not perfectly...no one can truly do that. But we must *try*. Try hard. We must gain a reputation...a reputation for good.

We must be that friend at 3 am in the morning who is willing to just be there without asking why. We must be the person who stops in the 15 degree weather when there's a blizzard out to help the car that is stuck even though all we want is to go home and take a nice hot shower. We must be that shining light in a world that so desperately needs it. We must be people of our word. We must be trusted above all other people. We must give them no reason to disregard the name of Christ.

How can we attract others to the name of Christ when we find ourselves *consistently* and on a regular basis letting other down. Not following through. Not holding up our end of the bargain. How is that attractive? When I meet those people I tend to be encouraged to be anything *but* that! That's not how Christians ought to be! The name of Christ has become so dirtied and lowered to mean barely anything at all. There are the select few still though that you find occasionally that just shine forth Christ! How many Christians do you know who do that? Who really truly LIVE Christ out daily? You can always tell Christ lives in them and they just shout it with everything they do!

That's what we should look at and desire above all else. That should be our prayer! That Christ is seen within us and people see it and say/think "I want that!". Christ should be desire...not only by us...but by those who watch us and look on in wonder as Christians shine and flourish richly. So let us be consistent and honest. Trustworthy and loyal. Always shining Christ.

1 comment:

Savories of life said...

Feel for you so Come over and see my giveaway for Feminine by Design by Scott Brown!