Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Wedding-Kind-Of-Week

Hey faithful readers!

I realize it's been a little bit since I've posted something on here. Let me just say...wedding plans are SO much bigger then anyone ever realized. You have truly no idea what goes into a wedding until you are intimately involved in one and so is everyone else in your house! This is the "show week"...the crunch time...the "I've got to run to Lansing for a whole day of errands...AGAIN" type of week. It's the "I forgot all about that!" and the "Oh, I don't know how to fix that" and the "I wonder where that went off to" type of week. It's the "I've got to live on coffee alone because I don't have time to sit and make a meal for myself" type of week. It's crazy! But...oh so fun.

This morning Rachel and I headed over to the church and that was the first time I'd gotten to see it. Walking in...picturing it all bright and decorated...imagining walking down the isle on the best man's arm...standing up there and looking out over all the people...well, it was breathtaking. But we were there for business. Jonathan Potter met up with us and we tested the mic we're going to use for the reception hall. After that we got to meet up with Libby (yay, she's home for Thankgiving!) and hang out with her for a bit...show her all the little and big things for the wedding. So much fun.

Now we're supposed to be running errands all over Charlotte and Lansing...getting last minute things...picking up things...and other random things. So much to do...so little time! I'm so exciting and happy for her and I'm not even going to think about her being gone till she's gone. It's so amazing...this moment and this day that we've all been waiting for since...so long ago! I remember back in early May when I knew he was going to propose...and now...we've come so far and planned SO much! So much time, money, and effort has been poured into this and I know it's going to turn out to be the most amazing day ever.

It's so hard to describe at the same time. Walking into the church this morning brought it all so close to me. I mean, this is going to happen!! It is! This thing that we've waited, planned, dreamed of, and everything else...it's really going to happen! It'll be here and then gone so fast. It's a bit like our HPA show weeks...we work so hard for months and then we cram the last week and then it's done and gone and we're left feeling empty. We've nothing to set our minds to! Well..then comes Christmas and then finishing school and then open houses and then college and craziness galore!

But all in due time. For now...for now our minds breath and eat and live off this wedding. Every conversation is centered around this wedding. Every moment is focused in clarity on this wedding. Gotta love weddings!

No comments: