Thursday, October 18, 2012

"Sleeeeep In Heavenly Peace"

Alright alright! I know you're probably glaring at your computer screen now because you now have Siiiiilent Niiiiight stuck in your head! Oh well. I had this super, great, awesome subject to talk about...that...will probably end up being not much...buttt yeah and then I came up with that title because it fit SO PERFECTLY.

I was watching my boys tonight and Caleb had fallen asleep (finally!). He was in his car seat and was all buckled in and tucked in with this fuzzy blanket around him. I just sat there...and watching him while he slept. What I saw completely quieted me and stopped me in my thoughts and distractions of stress. He looked so calm...so serene...so breathtakingly precious and peaceful. His face was clear of all worry...all true expression or emotion (except calm). There was nothing on his mind...no where to go...no one to see...nothing to think about.

Then I had this other thought creep into my mind (I love it when that happens...shows me God is growing me up and putting educational thoughts in my head!): we should be like that, just exactly like that peaceful child, all day every day...because God has everything in control. We shouldn't ever be plagued by stress or worry...no thoughts or concerns. God is an all-powerful and all-loving God. Why can't we be peaceful and not just when we sleep? I have found it to be true that the prettiest faces are the ones that are wrinkly from smiling...not from worrying.

Anyways...that was my short random thought for the night. More tomorrow hopefully! I'm getting super crazy getting reading for the bridal shower on Saturday. So pumped! So peaceful ;) JK...not so much. That definitely needs some work. I'm going to finish this and then post a couple quotes and then be off to...do school and make lists! :) Have a lovely evening folks.

No comments: