Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 1


Bob Jones University Competition - Day 1


Well, it's been a long day. I got to bed pretty late due to last minute packing. It was probably 12:30 or so. Then I woke up at 4 am (not very easily, I'll say) and showered and got the rest of everything packed up. We were supposed to leave at about 5 but since my mum and Jon weren't even awake then...it didn't happen. I had to wake them up and we didn't get on the road till 5:40. We got to Fowlerville and loaded up Mrs. Eilert's, Derek's, and Tori's stuff. Basically we had to bring our luggage and things along with our instruments, music, stands, and random other things. Oh and sleeping bags. So we got on the road. I did a lot of sleeping...just crashed. We had a few stints and by the end of the day it felt like had made a LOT of stops and all we ever did was ride and eat fast food. Yuck. Anyways...we arrived at about 7 or 7:30...so it was a good 13 hour trip. Wow. Let me just say that I know Tori and Derek SO much more than I ever had before. I truly believe that this will bond us all together like nothing at all has ever bonded us together. So we got here and unpacked and then met up with David (who goes here) and then we went out to eat more fast food and just talk for a bit. After that we came back here to the dorms and talked with our roommates a bit more. We got showers and got a bit unpacked. I'm so so exhausted and it's 10:45. I've been awake for about 19 hours. Wow. So I'm waiting for my sleeping bag to be dry and then I'm off to bed. We got some good rain on the way down. I think that it's Sandy beginning to hit. We're supposed to be in the thick of it from what I've heard. Anyways. That's today. I'm going to try not to talk about what will happen tomorrow because I figure I'll just be repeating eventually. I'm looking at a schedule of college classes that I can attend and I'm a little at a loss of everything! It is going to be such a crazy week. I am looking forward to it...but inside I kind of do miss home a bit. The BEST part so far is the whole college experience. Just getting to be here in dorms and hang out and meet people and everyone is so nice and friendly and everything here just shouts life and joy! I have really missed that in life lately...well, I guess for a while now. But just seeing how these people bond and love each other...yes, it gets me very excited for college next year! Anyways...I should go...I'm super tired and I'll be up early for breakfast with David, Derek, Jon, Mrs. Eilert, and Tori. Signing off! Night!

No comments: