Monday, October 8, 2012

Harry Potter Quotes


Recently I've gotten to start watching the Harry Potter series...we had never been allowed to as children and then when we were allowed to I just wasn't interested. But I decided to see what the fuss was all about and found that I rather like them as a whole...I love looking at them theologically. I also found some lovely quotes in them...I'm only done with the first two movies so there may be more quotes on the way! :)


"Back again, Harry? I see that you, like so many before you, have discovered the delights of the mirror of  Erised. I trust by now you realize what it does. Let me give you a clue: the happiest man on earth would look into the mirror and see only himself exactly as he is."

"So then it shows us what we want? Whatever we want?" 

"Mh yes, and no. It shows us nothing more or less than the deepest and most desperate desires of our hearts. Now you, Harry, you've never known a family...you see them standing beside you. But remember this, Harry, this mirror gives us neither knowledge or truth. Men have wasted away in front of it, even gone mad. That is why tomorrow it will be moved o a new home, and I must not ask you not to go looking for it again. It does not do to dwell on dreams, Harry, and forget today."



"Harry, do you know why Professor Quirrell couldn't bear to have you touch him? It was because of your mother. She sacrificed herself for you and that kind of act leaves a mark. No no no, this kind of mark cannot be seen. It lives in your very skin."

"What is it?"

"Love, Harry...love. 

No comments: