Monday, June 28, 2010

Update

I don’t know where I left off with updating so I will just begin with Thursday.

Thursday, we went to the beach with the McAtees and the Woods. We all got to the McAtees about 9 and left at about 9:30 am which got us to the beach a little before 11 am. After lugging all of our stuff down to the beach and setting it up, we began to actually do something. The guys threw a Frisbee around and the girls kicked the soccer around until we decided to just all play soccer. The teams were Anthony, Jon, Rachel, Matt, and Becca against Jake, Laura, Anna and I. I had a lot of fun playing although I did injure my ankle. After a very close game (they won), we all went back up to our spot and rested for a moment. The rest of the kids went out swimming (although there was a red flag out) and I stayed back to tan. Jon kept me company. They came back after a bit and we all had lunch and laid out to tan some more. The guys got bored (shocker there) and wanted to go play some disc golf. So Pastor, Anthony, Rachel, Jon, Matt, Jake and I left to go to the closest disc golf course in Holland. After a little while of that (18 holes) we headed back to the beach. There we packed up (and left Rachel with the McAtees and the Woods) and soon left. I napped on and off on the way home. After we got home, Jon and my mom left for his last driver’s ed thing so my dad, Becca and I partied. Rachel didn’t get home till late. Most of the people who went got pretty sunburned, but I got a nice tan, which I am very happy about.

Today was a day filled with business! In the morning I cleaned the frig, emptied the mulch, baked brownies (for L’Abri), cleaned the kitchen, washed the dishes, cleaned my room, put all my clothes away, cleaned Titan’s pen, washed Titan’s pen, and washed Titan, himself. It was very motivating. Rachel, Becca and I went to the library for a while and then got some lunch. I left with my mom and brother (they were going to have Jon take his permit test) and they dropped me off at the McAtees so I could help clean for L’Abri. After cleaning for an hour and half or so, I played the piano and read a book until people arrived. L’Abri was so very enjoyable. One thing about L’Abri that I really enjoy is the fact that Pastor is teaching on very modern topics (not some old boring musty irrelevant subject). Tonight’s message was mainly about taking dominion which led to “Global Warming.” After L’Abri, a group of us went down and played 9 holes of disc golf (it was my last time to caddy for Anthony as he left that night for WA). During that, Jared showed up! After *that*, we all headed back to the McAtees to talk for a bit, before my dad, jared and I went home. My dad just drove off without me, so I got the best ride of my life with Jared and his *sweet* rental car! Hung out for a while, got on the computer till about 11:45 or so listening to cool music. Aimee brought Jon home from the bonfire just after midnight and we partied (cuz my parents weren’t home). I got to bed at about 1:30 but didn’t get to sleep till about 3:30 because Jared, Rachel and my parents were a little noisy upstairs.

I woke up at 6:00 and fixed pancakes for the family. I worked for most of the morning cleaning and stuff before my mom took me to Emily’s house. From there, we went up to Erin’s house for her birthday. We ate (tacos) and then played a couple games. The parade went right by their house so we sat on the lawn and watched it. The Chesters and Tori showed up and we played some more games…inside and then outside. Then, Erin, Emily and I left with her dad. We dropped Emily off and then went to Luke’s open house. That was a lot of fun. Erin and I hung out the whole time basically. We went over to the playground and played like little kids!! We also gambled….skittles. :P She played soccer and I took pictures, and then I went home with Jon and the Woods. Got to bed late, and had to wake up early for church.

Sunday was fun too. There was church and a party afterwards…and AIMEE showed up!! That made me very happy! We went home and relaxed all afternoon. Did some Bible reading and then left for evening church. After that, went to grandparents for cake and ice. Cream and then came home. Did more Bible reading resulting in a very late night (again). I don’t remember the last night I went to be earlier than 12:30.

2 comments:

Erin said...

haha Saturday was SO much fuN! especially the skittles... ;)

Sarah said...

I know it! That has to go in our book of memories! :D