Monday, June 21, 2010

100

Ok, just to let you know, this is my 100th post!! I am so excited!

I am going to attempt to tell you what my crazy life has been lately. Wednesday, I had babysitting for about 6 hours. And Thursday, I had work for about 3-4 hours. Those were both amazing…I have found that if I am away from my boys for too long, I miss them like crazy! Thursday night, we went up to Holt and had the wedding rehearsal. That was very long and kinda boring, but I think it was worth it since I had skipped the previous rehearsal. We almost got in a car accident on the way home…it was really scary to watch it happen right in front of you! Friday, I had work at the Nightengale’s stand all day. They have a vegetable/fruit stand that they run during the spring/summer/fall and they hire homeschoolers to work for them. So I worked from 10-6pm. That was incredibly boring but rewarding in some ways. It was my social lesson for the day. I got to meet a ton of people and I sold about 350-400 quarts of strawberries! I also began my voluntary summer school. I got 2 whole modules done with science which is 2 weeks worth of school!! Fun stuff! Rachel picked me up, and we went to the Nightengale’s with the leftover stuff. Then we went all over town trying to find somewhere with decent twizzlers (for Rachel). We ended going right back where she picked me up from work. Then we swung by the library and picked up a couple movies to watch (Pirates of the Caribbean 1 for Becca and the new Sherlock Holmes the rest of us). We then went home and watched them. I really enjoyed Sherlock Holmes…it’s a little bit…intense? Saturday was the wedding! I was so excited to witness two of my friends getting married! Kevin and Rebekah! We showed up early to rehearse, since we were going to be getting a new piece that morning. It wasn’t too bad. For a while though, it was looking as if it were going to rain! We even thought we heard thunder (although it turned out to be the wind blowing through the mic). The wedding was short and went very well. We then headed off to the reception. I didn’t have much time there to eat, because then I carpooled with Nick to Cam’s Sr. Recital. It took *forever* to get there! I did, however, fall asleep during the recital. Then, at the open house, I think everyone I knew showed up except Madison. I missed her a lot. I played the piano inside for most of the time because I was just so bored. We left at about 9:30 and didn’t get home until about 11 pm. I then took a shower and didn’t get to bed until 1:30 or so. I had to get up bright and early for church. After church, we came home and cleaned up for a bit before headed out to go fishing for my dad (you know, father’s day and all). I have never really cared for fishing so I just sat and read books. We were out there for a few hours. I tried to tan a bit, and I think I succeeded. We went to evening church and then we headed home real quick to drop off all the fishing stuff. As a family (for the first time ever), we drove to the frisbee golf course where we met up with Jake, Anthony and Pastor (and eventually Mrs. Jane and Laura). For the first time in a very long time, I got to be a caddy for Anthony again! I didn’t realize how much I missed it until I did it last night. It was a lot of fun. We stayed out there and played about 21 holes I believe. We came home and read the Bible before heading off to bed. I got up bright and early this morning to type this entire thing along with my sermon and my church notes out. Today, I don’t know what I am up to really…just relaxing…maybe some school and music. Tomorrow, Hunter (my little 2 year old) has surgery to clear out his earways (maybe now he can start really hearing/talking!). So please pray for him tomorrow…he also has to be down and resting for 2 weeks and that is going to be hard for him since he is a very active little boy! Any prayers for that would be much appreciated.

Thank you all for reading my 100th post on my blog! It has been a joy to write occasionally to you all and to know that there are people out there who read it and show it by commenting!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Disc golf" Sarah, "disc golf". Not "frisbee golf", remember?

Anyhow, I totally agree, entirely forgot how much fun it was. Just like old times. Amazing.

Sarah said...

Oh fine! Disc golf...whatever they want to call it...so be it

Just like old times...ah, memories!