Thursday, June 17, 2010

a poem that I wrote up late last night

Painting in my Mind by Me

The things that take my breath away
Are far too many to count,
A few, I’ll list to give you a hint
Of what God truly can do:
The dew on a leaf when first breaks the dawn,
The song of a bird in a tree,
The first shades of pink that light up the sky
That cool breeze, soft like a breath
Can’t you feel the sense of life?
Of wanting to break forth?
It springs from the flowers,
Opening wide, opening to the sun,
And as the day moves slowly on,
The temperature gradually rises
Listen to the cicadas buzz on and off
Signaling warm, welcome heat,
Evening arrives and brings back the cool,
Bright orange arrays the heavens,
The dark arrives, a cool breeze begins,
The fireflies start to dance
Weaving among them, now I can see
God’s handiwork throughout my day.

<3

No comments: