Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Peas's Quotes - The World From The Perspective Of A Three-Year Old

On Tuesday mornings I babysit for this ladies' group...they have a Bible study from 9-11 and so I watch any of their kids. It used to be Rachel and I...and we could get upwards to 7 or 8 kids. Well...Rachel had to quit because she got married and work would have been too far for her to drive...and the number of kids had been going down for a while. Well...it's gotten so bad that now today I got to watch just Peas. Her name is really Elizabeth...but her nickname is Peas (no one can remember why). So everyone calls her Peas! She's three...but her birthday is coming up on February 10th...she is such a smart little cookie...such a sweetheart and just plain adorable. I've got plenty of pictures of her on my picture blog...and lately she's taken to grabbing the camera and snapping shots of me. But she also has the tendency to saw the darnedest things! So I've begun to write all the funny/cute things that pop out of her mouth! There are a lot more than I ever thought possible! So here are some of them!

Peas - I love food!
Me - Me too!
Peas - Me three!

Peas - I have a little cough. I'm sick because I drank too much chocolate milk.

Me - Can I have my camera back?
Peas - No! Don't you know cameras are dangerous?

Peas - Show me your dragon face!

Peas - I'm a rock star! See...I just pull my jacket like this and now I can get warm!

Peas - Where's the lid?
Me - I don't know...where is the lid?
Peas - You're supposed to look behind my back!

Peas - Come chase me!
Me - Come chase you? Are you trying to tire me out?
Peas - Yes!

Me - I wish I had my camera so I could take a picture of your pretty shirt.
Peas - And I would take a picture of you and your pretty eyes
(Kids say the darnedest things!)

Peas - That one is super yuuumyyy pootie poot!

Peas - We can build a castle with so many stuff! Like so many toys!

Peas - We have to think so put on your thinking smarts. You have to sit just like this and tap your cheek with your finger.

Me - Ohh, what did you draw me?
Peas - Macaroni and big cheese and little cheese!

Peas - It's cheese.
Me - Yeah, cuz it's orange.
Peas - Yup, I think it's a girl.
Me - A girl?
Peas - Yeah, see? A girl shark.

4 comments:

Amanda Pendergast said...

Kids are so much fun! Especially when you get to know them. =)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, YES! You know all about that, don't you! ;) I love reading your posts about the kids you watch!

HisPrincessWarrior said...

omisoul! LOLOL LOVE THIS KID!!! my piano teachers little girl is like this! LOL

Unknown said...

Aren't they the BEST!!! So cute! And these quotes are all from just TWO hours!!