Thursday, January 17, 2013

Despondency


This is not actually mine! But I really enjoyed reading it so ...copy and paste!


Recipe for warding off despondency


1.) Keep returning to the word of God.



2.) Cultivate a mindset of thankfulness

3.) Be familiar with the saints of old who fought the good fight and never surrendered. Realize that one day I will be in their company and keep in mind that I don't want to be shamed when I am among them.

4.) Remember the example I must set for my family .... for God's people.

5.) Recall that I am duty bound to be confident.

6.) Exercise vigorously daily. Remember there is a mind body connection.

7.) Keep in mind that postmillennialists have no reason to be despondent.

Most importantly

Keeping my eyes on Jesus -- the Author and Finisher of the Faith.

2 comments:

Lauralea said...

Short and sweet. And rich.
"Duty bound to be confident" is great one!

Unknown said...

Oh you are so right! That is a really good one.