Wednesday, September 19, 2012

More On Kids

Okay, I doubt I could ever stop talking about kids...anything about them. But this is just another post at my amazement over how babies/kids are made so unique! I have to say that one of the best and closest moments of being with kids is when you put them down for a nap or to sleep. I'm not even sure why.

But just a little bit ago I put Lucie and Kade down for their naps...Lucie was first and I gave her chocolate milk but she didn't want to cuddle before I brought her up. I tucked her in and then she requested two songs which I sang...one is kind of "our" song that we sing together and it's "Livin' on the Inside (Like A Lion)" by Newsboys. So we sang for a bit and talked...she wanted to cuddle for a bit then I tucked her in again and then left her. Just her little smile and quietness as we laid there...it shows the child-like innocence in a child, for sure.

Then I got to put Kade down...he took a bit more time and work. He got his chocolate milk and we sat on the big rocking sofa chair. I was told the way to get him asleep is to put it on a "boring" tv channel. We just snuggled there for a good 20 minutes before I looked over to see that he was out like a light. So I carried him up and changed him into pull-ups before tucking him into bed.

And now Annabelle is sleeping here too in her little bouncer. I gave her some milk, changed her diaper, and played with her a bit...and then she was out.

But just watching these children as they drift off to sleep...it just reminds me of how innocent and young and just completely at peace they are. As we grow older the responsibilities, stresses, and pressures also grow. You become so much less *you* when you have to grow up and become more pressured and stressed because of just regular life happenings. But it's always worth it. Everyone just has to grow up...but why does that mean that we lose innocence? That doesn't mean we have to be naive...but rather just happy. When you are an innocent you worry less...you trust more...you tend to focus on good and positive things. You have much more joy..and I would also say energy! It's no wonder why kids are always bouncing around and always so happy and bubbly! What a world this would be if everyone could focus on good things and be like that. :)

No comments: