Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Whom shall I trust but Thee?

I have been told on several accounts that I trust far too many people and far too often. Whether this is true or not, I know I can trust a specific Someone without fail. The HPA cast list came out early this morning and I woke up the very moment the email was sent to my inbox...I know this was God's plan and will. I was extremely disappointed when I didn't get any of the roles I had wanted to. Now, before the cast list came out, I had made a choice to not do HPA if I didn't get in or get on the devotions committee. This is because since this is my senior year I will already be very busy and need to prioritize my time better. As of right now it's very probable I won't do HPA, but there is a slight chance. The Lord's Will is ultimate however, and I must rely upon that for comfort. I must trust wholly upon my Savior to know what's best for me. To round off this post I'd like to add some "trusting" Bible verses. They will guard me and my heart for the upcoming weeks as I prepare to submit entirely to my God and King.

Proverbs 3:5-6
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. ”

Psalm 118:8

“It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.”

Philippians 4:7

“And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Psalm 31:14-15

“But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD; I say, “You are my God.”
My times are in Your hand;”

Psalm 20: 7-8

“Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm.”

Psalm 27:1

“The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”

Psalm 22:4

“Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.”

Isaiah 50:10 “Who is among you that fears the LORD, That obeys the voice of His servant, That walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the LORD and rely on his God.”

Psalm 46:1

“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.”

Psalm 59:16

“But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.”

Isaiah 40:28-29
“Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.

Isaiah 41:10
“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

Nehemiah 8:10
“Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.”

1 Corinthians 1:25
“For the foolishness of God is wiser than man’s wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man’s strength.”

No comments: