Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Beautiful books!

So just lately because of my job at the library, I have been getting much more books then I would have usually gotten. I saw this one author that looked like she wrote good books and they also appeared to be Christian fiction. Now...most Christian fiction I have read in the past is mushy nonsense that mixes Christianity with conformity so it ends up not coming across as Christianity in the least. But I got this book, hopeful that it might be different. Lord be praised, it was! The first book I read was the retelling of Rebecca, Isaac, Jacob, Esau, Leah, and Rachel. It was such a beautiful story and I found my eyes filled with tears at the end. I didn't have the second book in the sequel, but I did have the third so I began that yesterday. I can honestly say that I couldn't put it down. This one was the story of Dinah, Shechem, Levi, and Simeon (with Leah and Jacob added in too). This book was even better then the first one...I was absolutely sobbing by the end. There have been plenty of sad movies and books that I've read in the past, but I've never ever cried as hard as I did last night. It was just so moving and also so sad that you can't help but cry! The author is Liz Curtis Higgs and the first book was Thorn in my Heart, the second book is Grace in Thine eyes. Beautiful books and I fully recommend them to you!

No comments: