Friday, August 13, 2010

PHEW!

Ok, I realize that I haven’t written on here for a while, but I really do have a good excuse…how about, I’m busy?? Yes, that’s it…because I have been! Honestly! I have not been home for over 6 hours since Monday, August 2. And here it is, August 13, quite a bit later. Ah well, life can get hectic.

Tuesday, August 3 – I spent the whole day at Rachel Skiba’s house…I think I already have a post on this.

Wednesday, August 4, I had work for the best part of the day. Then, I filled it with reading books and cleaning my “room” and so forth. (I think I need to mention at this point that while I was away at Blue Lake, my family totally made my room look like the best thing ever happened to it. They painted the walls a light shade of pink, and made the floors wood (which has been my dream) and made it all spacey by simply moving everything I owned out to the basement floor.)

Thursday, August 5 – This was spent working the first part of the day and then going down/working at Kzoo’s Comstock for Secret Garden. I don’t remember much, but I know that that night STINKED.

Friday, August 6 – this was the day of our show in Kzoo. This night went decently well, but I sort of had a breakdown half way through it.

Saturday, August 7 – This was our last show and as such, it was kinda hard. The show went marvelously however. After I had done the “old people’s” hair and makeup, I used the extra leftover hair spray to dye my hair a dark brown/black color. It was actually pretty cool. Then Libby put on some really heavy eye-liner so I looked emo. We drove Nathan and Josiah there and back, as well as taking Aimee back too (she just got back from Florida that day). Strike took forever and a day but we finally got out of there at about 1 am. We headed over to Perkins for the after-party. Didn’t leave there till 2 which meant we got home after 3am (we had to drop everyone off at home).

Sunday, August 8 – We had church bright and early in the morning. After church, we left and went up north to Byrom where I got to see Bethy and her little girl Bella Rose at her baby shower! That was a fun afternoon (a tad boring however).

Monday – I was at CPAC for the good part of the day. I got up and my dad dropped me off there and dropped Becca off at the track with my mom. I helped check all the little boys and girls in for Aristocats. Then, I hung out with friends. There were *so* many people I knew who were trying out!! Anyways, so then, I had my auditions from about 1:30-5:30. Then, my mom rushed me home. That night it was just Becca and I at home. My dad was golfing with work people and my mom, Rachel, and Jon were at their first Brigadoon rehearsal for some Holt group who is putting it on. So she watched movies and I fixed dinner and then baked some molasses cookies. That was a long and tiring evening for the both of us, I think. Just stress from all the auditions that day.

Tuesday – was spent at Rachel’s again. We cleaned out the back yard and the front yard and then tore out their downstairs bathroom. After that, at about 4:30, we headed out to play some glow-mini-golf (I’ve never played at all). I scored 60 out of a possible 54 (which I don’t think is too bad for a first time, right??). Then, we went over to Beaners and got coffees! :D Then, we went back to their friend’s house where they’re living at the moment. We stayed there for a few hours and played some random (and not so random) games. We played Pictionary, and MASH, and then some sort of a find-the-duck-right-now-or-you’re-dead game with Mary. That was a fun time. Then, Mrs. Skiba said that my dad called and would pick me up at Horrocks at 9:30. So I spent 13 hours with her. We’re planning on having her come down to my place next Tuesday, but we’re unsure of how it will work.

Wednesday – I had work starting bright and early in the morning!! I stayed there for probably half the day. Then, I came home and began to “move” back in my room. I also got a chance to pull out my viola and dust it off and play with it for a little while.

Yesterday – I worked again in the morning. Then, I came home and made a good effort to bring stuff back in my room. It looks very cozy now. Well, at least my part of the room does at least. Last night, I went and saw Inception with my brother at the theater in town. I really like it even if it does mess with your mind a lot!!

Today, I will be cleaning and working and mowing and such. Also, L’Abri is tonight, so I’ll probably go early and offer to help Mrs. Jane clean for it. Thanks for reading, faithful followers!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're welcome, not-so-faithful poster!

Matt Lutes said...

Wow!!! Sounds like you've been up and down and all around! From the sounds of it you need a day just to relax! So why did you have a breakdown half way through on fri Aug 6th...sounds sad :(

Sarah said...

Rachel: heehee...yea....I'll try to fix that sometime soon!

Matt: Yea, busy is fun! I had the breakdown cuz I was dealing with be a "backstage" part of theater. I've always been centerstage (moreorless) and being backstage with people who didn't know me but I knew them was...different.