Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Latest

Let’s see…when was the last time I actually wrote? I want to say that it was Wednesday, but I’m not positive.

Anyways, Thursday the 12, I worked in the morning for the Harns. I biked there, worked for a few hours and then biked back. It wasn’t too far, just down the road. I had fun with Jasmine, and I got some stuff to put on my wall finally. As of right now, it looks very nice with my bookshelf up, and my bed made, and my stuff all over the wall, and my picture hanging up. Then, that evening, my brother and I went to see Inception in town while the others were at the concert at the courthouse. That was a pretty good movie. I liked it a lot and wanted to go see it right away.

Friday the 13, I worked around the house for most of the day, before my mom dropped me off at the McAtees to help Mrs. Jane clean the house for L’Abri that night. Anna was gone for the day and Laura had her company up: Josh, Rosie, and Caleb. So I cleaned there for a few hours and then once we were done, everyone began to arrive. I really enjoyed the topic that night.

Saturday the 14th, I cleaned the house major time. Jon was away at the Demmer Center and my dad worked over at the Wood’s with their siding. Rachel, Becca and my mom went up to the Folk Festival. I was planning to go up later with Mommy and Pastor, but that didn’t work out. So I stayed home and cleaned! I was gonna also go out and watch a movie with some other friends, but that didn’t work out either.

Sunday the 15th was good too. I don’t think I went to church that morning…I think I was sick. That evening, after church, I went to see Inception again with Aimee, Rebecca, and Liz. That was super good! Sadly, I pretty much ruined it for Aimee…but it was completely accidental! After that, we went out and got food at Wendy’s.

Monday the 16th, I had work in the morning for a few hours. I watched the two girls plus the boys. It can get hectic sometimes when I watch the girls too. It’s not that I don’t enjoy them, because I do, it’s just that they can be very demanding sometimes and they don’t like it when I have to say “no.” Sometimes I just have to…but I do love gratifying their wishes because their faces get so happy! Also, I had a Dr’s appointment that day for some cough I’ve had for a while. We don’t exactly know what it is…he said that it might be bacteria of some kind in my lung, or maybe some sort of pneumonia (I don’t remember the exact name). So he gave me an antibiotic for that and sent me down to have a chest x-ray. That night, my mom, Rachel and Jon went to Brigadoon rehearsal and Becca and I stayed home cuz my dad went golfing.

Tuesday, I don’t exactly remember what I did…I don’t think anything though. Probably just rested I think.

Wednesday, I had work in the morning from 9:30-12:30 with all four kids again. That wasn’t too bad this time. Then, in the afternoon, I worked at Mr. Nightengale’s fruit/veggie stand from 1-6. That was pretty good…I got some reading in besides getting to actually sit down and “relax.” Then, my dad picked me up and we went home. I don’t remember what we did that night though.

Thursday, Rachel and Jon picked blueberries while Becca was at the Eilerts taking a string lesson. I was at home cleaning again. When they got back, I had to wash and dry and freeze them. Then, later that day, my mom and Becca went out and picked more blueberries. I think that we have about 35 lbs of blueberries that are now in our freezer. I want to say that it’s about 12-14 quarts. Jon also had to go work at the farm for a bit.

Friday, was another day of cleaning and relaxing when I had time. Jon had a horn lesson with Mr. Butler and then he went to work again. Rachel and I dropped him off and then called Aimee to see if she wanted to do anything. She was busy for about an hour, so we went home and did random stuff until it was time to go out and meet up with her. So we got a movie at the library and then went to pick up Jon and then we got pizza in town before heading back home. There, we ate the pizza (along with fresh baked cookies that I baked the day before or so), and watched “The Confessions of a Shopaholic.” That was actually a really good movie. I really enjoyed it.

Saturday, was spent doing chores and jobs and catching up on anything that was behind. My dad and Jon went out to do some errands and stuff and my mom was at Farmer’s Market for most of the day. When they all got back, we headed out to go to the Marten’s for the church picnic. It was just us for a while before the McAtees showed up. Then, we called the Timmis family and they came out too. After playing for a while, we sat around the bonfire, and then it was time to go home. Libby came over to spend the night. That was immensely fun. We got home late, but stayed up even later to watch “No Reservations.” I’d already seen it twice, but it was still fun to sit on the couch downstairs and eat cookies with the “big girls.” I slept on the couch that night, so Libs could sleep in my bed.

Sunday, we all headed off to church with Libby. I really *really* enjoyed the sermon there. I took lots of notes and will probably post them sometime. Then, we came home and my mom and Rachel worked on transposing some music while I watched “The Sixth Sense.” That was kinda spooky, but I think that there were others *looks around the room pointedly* who were a bit more spooked than I was! Evening church came around and that was great fun also! I don’t know why but over the past year, I have begun to enjoy going to church and taking notes and learning and actually understanding so much more than I did for anything else! Then, when we got home, a lady named Cecelia came over to hear us, because she hired us to play for her wedding this coming Saturday. I think she liked us. After she left, the McAtees came over to play some games and to talk. I didn’t stick around long. I did the dishes and then headed off to bed cuz I was pretty tired.

Today, I was gonna work, but things worked out so I didn’t have to. Instead, I think I will be getting off here soon so I can super clean the house! Tonight, my dad is golfing again while my mom, Rachel and Jon are away at Brigadoon rehearsal so Becca and I will be here again. Maybe I will watch the movie “Unbreakable” while they’re gone.

Tomorrow, I hope to spend time with Rachel Skiba if my mom will let me go. She’s been threatening to not let me go anywhere till I’m all better, but I did go to the church picnic and church and evening church, and I have been kinda active lately, so maybe…hopefully, she’ll let me go. My dad will go golfing that night too, so maybe he could just pick me up when he’s done.

Wednesday, I am supposed to have another Dr.’s appointment for some sort of a follow-up, but I think it’ll end up with some sort of a new antibiotic. Rachel is thinking that I am lacking iron and protein, but I refuse to be treated by her “voodoo” ways…I know how they normally end so I won’t even start it. Also, I am supposed to be working that day, but am unsure of what time to be there.

And that’s all for now! Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Erin said...

This isn't HPA Brigadoon you're talking about, right?

Erin

Name said...

You bet it was immensely fun... I WAS THERE! :) Thanks for putting up with me! Love you!

Sarah said...

Erin: No, it's a community theater that is doing it in Mason

Lib: :) It's always fun with you! I didn't have much to put up with! <3