Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas...and SPIRIT

So...I am NOT in the Christmas spirit. Our house is bare. We have a few lights up and I did put some up to encircle my room. But for the most part...I am so out of it! I noticed this has happened the past few years as well. I would be out of the Christmas spirit and then right before or after I would get into it...and then Christmas would be gone...for a whole year. I'm bound and determined to get in it SOON but I just don't know how! We haven't gotten our tree yet and we haven't decorated the house and we haven't baked anything! And I just don't have time. At this point in time it's too crazy busy! I have my second ACT on Saturday so I'm studying for that whenever I have free time. Other than that? I've got music, work, and school just like regular. But I'm really hoping that beginning with Saturday night that I can try my hardest to get in the mood!!

Today and tomorrow are devoted to studying for the ACT...then I have the official test on Saturday morning...EARLY...coffee is needed. Then right after that I have work at the library. I'm hoping after that to get a little shopping done...Christmas and food. As I look at the weather report for this weekend I'm seeing RAIN...not snow. Boo. Way to get me in the mood. But anyways...hopefully we'll have the tree by that time and I can decorate that and then decorate the house! Sunday..well that's the second week of Advent...and more Christmas songs (boy, it was so weird singing Christmas songs last week!). Then that will hopefully turn into a big baking day! Lots of cookies! Sprinkles and icing and yum yum. That night...oh boy! I am SO looking forward to that night! Mia and I are getting together to have a FUN night! I haven't hung out with her in forever!

We will be getting together and making yummy gingerbread and then making our own gingerbread houses! Icing and candy and MORE yum! Then we get to hang out and watch girly girl chick flicks! That is really the high point of my week. My ACT will be over and I won't have anything to worry about. My mind will be free of all worries and we'll be eating such tasty things! Good times...Sunday is gonna rock.

But...I've been told this more than once...and so it's something I'm going to work on. I'm a negative person! I am pessimistic and negative and just mopey in general. It's sad! So I'm working on getting more good spirit...Christmas and otherwise! I looked up the definition of "spirit"...and I came up with the words, "liveliness" "mettle" "pep" "life" "sprightliness" "animation" "vilification" "pertness" "breeziness" "jauntiness" "exuberance" "irrepressibility" "vim" "vigor" "energy" ...among others! I love those words...those are exciting words full of life and happiness. And to think...I don't have that hardly at all!

So that's one of my new goals. To find good in everything and to be filled with spirit! To see the glass half full...to be filled with God's spirit of joy! Gosh, it is so hard! But...the good thing is I know it's not impossible! I have a tendency to be grumpy in general and to avoid happy people...so this week will be a week that is trying for me...trying to get along well with those people. Not avoiding them! But embracing them...embracing the happiness and joy and life and energy that can come with being spirited! That's where I am in life! Where are you?

No comments: