Monday, April 23, 2012

Thoughts from sitting in evening church

Ok, so I have these disgusting and rather hideous shoes, but they are by *far* my most comfortable shoes! Too often I have slipped them on at home and found myself out in public with them on because I had completely forgotten about them. But they are just so weird looking! When this happens, I am reminded of the Christian life: it is a hard life to live. One of my friends came to me the other day crying "Why is the Christian life so hard! It's too hard!". Yes, it's hard..just like my shoes are unfashionable and unappealing, but it is *so* worth it (like the comfort gained)! What great peace and love is gained by true Christians...the salvation attained is far greater than a life of "fun". That turns to dust...despair and lifelessness. How can we not choose the "ugly shoes" with the unbelievable comfort and joy? What shoes are you wearing?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - totally awesome to think about that way! And so true!! In the past, living 'the fun life' was never worth it in the end, and you're left regretting a lot of things. Thank you for the encouragement, Sarah. God Bless you.

Unknown said...

Thank *you* for your sweet comments and kind words :)

Unknown said...

Hey, it's the least I could do for you. If there was more, I'd do it.