Sunday, September 18, 2011

another poem I wrote during church (I'm such a heathen!) and a few random thoughts/verses

Does he know how I watch him?
Carefully, secretly observing his life.
Would he be frightened under my scrutiny?
Would he guess at my motives?

Will he every truly know
How passionately my thoughts lie?
My feelings running deeply now
And every growing strong.

How can a mortal appear so perfect
Yet I understand that flaws do live.
They've still to surface, still to appear
But I've yet to observe them.

Some still say that I should have hope
He may see my love in time.
But I both know and half-way accept
His heart belongs elsewhere.


*God does everything in His own way and in His own time. He will not be rushed, even death cannot hurry Him. Death holds no sway because God rules over death.*


Habakkuk 3:19
The sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.

2 comments:

Erin said...

ohh i like the poem!!

Unknown said...

haha you just saying that to be nice? I had a line running through my head all week and I knew I had to get it out in a poem. Be honest though! Idk if I like it yet. I missss you! <3