Friday, October 22, 2010

Let me guess...I"m a hater?

Lately, as many of you know, I have been writing some rather controversial things for a lot of you. I will be doing this often…just as a warning. I will show for the praises of Him who hath sent me. I love my Lord and only want to serve Him with reverence and awe. How can I sit idly by and let the world get caught so up in itself that it cannot see the Creator of it all? How can this world be lead astray in such wrong thinking as it has gotten to? The evil that is accepted in this world is completely disgraceful. Not only that, but I’d go so far as to say that it is condemnable. One topic that has been brought to mind lately is the whole idea of wearing purple for those gay/lesbian/homosexuals (GLH) who are constantly being bullied and abused. I have not, and will not wear purple for that reason. I am not saying that bullying is the right way to solve this; I am merely saying that these people are wrong, and I will not stand up for them. I didn’t realize how many of my close friends believed that it is alright to be GLH until one of them recently made a post on Facebook and was praised for it. Her comment was:

Hi world. My name is Annabelle (name changed) and I support gays, lesbians, and homosexuals. The End.

This is completely unbiblical. Where in Scripture does it commend any of this? Nowhere. In fact, it condemns it. God says it is an abomination.

Now we really get down to the real thing. Does God love everyone? The answer is short and simple yet not commonly accepted. The answer is no. God does not love everyone. If you can tell me where it says directly that God loves every single person in this whole world without any exceptions…we can talk. But it doesn’t. Just read your Bible…it’s that simple. Read it and interpret it to develop a strong worldview. If you read your Bible correctly you can see that God does not only hate, but punish evildoers. I mean, look at Noah’s flood? Did it just happen and God was like, “Whoops, I didn’t see that coming. Well, I forgive all of you who were so evil that this happened and just for letting that slip, I’ll give you a free ticket to heaven.” Or the tower of Babel? What about all the bad things that have ever happened in the whole course of history? Are those accidents? Does God really just get so bored up there that He must cause havoc upon the world down here? Of course not, because that is absurd. God knows exactly what He is doing. God is a merciful and loving God to *His people*. His elect…but none others. The others are most clearly not his. We are not to judge or tell anyone, “You are going to hell” because there is absolutely no way we could know. God is the Judge. But can we honestly say that being GLH is Christian? Most certainly not! If a person was, say, a liar, it would be different. Lying is defined as a sin by God’s 10 Commandments. It is more of our sin nature. Now, this is *not* to say that we are not responsible for it. We are responsible for every sin we commit. However, GLH is a choice…a wrong choice, but one we linger in. If we lie, but are repentant for it and ask forgiveness from God for it, if we are of the elect then we shall be forgiven.

Calvinists (if you haven’t gotten that yet, I am one) are often accused of being arrogant. It not so much of arrogance, as it is of pride of being called by God. We are not higher nor mightier than anyone else. We are sinners. You are a sinner just as much as I am. I do not deserve God’s forgiveness! I ask for it, and I receive it, but I don’t deserve it by any long stretch! God’s grace is overwhelming and overpowering. So you could easily say that God is merciful to those who confess their sin and make an honest attempt to be a better person, acting out the life that can be distinguished as a life lead by a Christian. This means glorifying God and giving Him all honor and power due to someone with that much majesty and splendor. How can we give Him any less? To do so would be just plain out wrong!

So to round this off and make it a decent, straight-to-the-point blog post…I have to come out and say that I am vehemently apposed to all gay, lesbian, and homosexual people. They are unbiblical, unchristian, and ungodly. God *does* not love them, nor approve of them and will not forgive them until they repent and make a true effort to leave their errors. That is my blog post. Thank you for reading.

4 comments:

Andi Chester said...

hey sarah! nice post! you make some really good points but the thing is...i still cant agree. if someone has a problem with being gay, but doesnt act on it and is trying and repenting, how can you say God doesnt love them? it's when you act on the sin that it becomes truly wrong. God is gracious and merciful. If by the end of someone's life, they have completely turned away from Him then yes, He does condemn them, but He loves them. He loves us all. 'God is good all the time and all the time...God is good!'
love you sarah! and i miss you girl! ):

Jacob Hartges said...

Not a hater, simply Christian giving her honest opinion. :)

Erin said...

Sarah, I don't want to get in a debate over this, but I just want to say something. I've been reading all the arguments on Facebook over this and I don't think the people you're talking about actually say it's okay to be GLH. They're just saying that it's not our place to judge them and we need to love them and try to show God's love to them so that eventually they can see the mistakes they've made and turn to God.

Sarah said...

Andrea, thank you for your opinion.

Jacob, you always know how to make me smile any time of the day, dear friend! :) I miss you!

Erin, thank you for your opinion.