Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A health notification

Hey, so as many of you know, I have been struggling with some health issues lately. I thought I'd give you guys an update.

Well, I went to a comprehensive chiropractic on the 5th for the first time. He said that I had been going downhill, but he was going to start me going uphill. He gave me 3 different supplements to take. So basically with those I have to take 3 pills 3xs a day. Also, I have to drink a nasty whey protein drink once a day. He also tested me for sensitivity for certain foods. He found out that at the moment I am extremely sensitive to soy, corn-syrup, dark chocolate, all wheat, and all dairy. This has made it extremely hard to eat or drink anything.

He prescribed all the stuff that I have mostly due to the fact that 1) I have extreme low blood pressure, low enough to be pretty concerned about it, and 2) that I have a lack of adrenal glands (meaning that I have no adrenilum or energy). I have to drink a ton of water and record everything that happens.

This has been a huge pain and an inconvenience. Having to watch *everything* I eat or drink. Taking regular meds and stuff has been more or less the same. I am still receiving huge migraines pretty regularly and am still extremely exhausted. I am not having as much trouble sleeping, however.

All this to say! I am not asking for any pity or sympathy, because I have received plenty of it. It is so depressing to the spirit, because it makes me feel very much like an invalid. What I am asking for, however is lots of prayer! I don't know how long I will be doing all this, but I am really praying hard for it to end on Tuesday when I go back to see him. Please keep me in your prayers.

Yesterday, I went again. He didn't say I had improved at all and I have to still be taking all my supplements and my drink. I have to be drinking a lot more water (I was already drinking 8 cups a day) and take it easy. When I go back next Tuesday, he will retest my blood pressure and also retest my sensitivity to all those foods again. The main thing I would ask prayer for, is that I can go back to eating some foods that I'm restricted on. The food is getting really nasty to eat. Thanks all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sarah, just because he didn't say anything, doesn't mean he didn't see any improvement. Obviously, if he didn't see anything changing, he would have changed what you were doing. The improvements are going to be slow at first, just wait till you start seeing them! :)

Sarah said...

Is that why I'm feeling worse on the second week? I'm melting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!