Thursday, September 23, 2010

A newer post about myself

I know, my faithful readers, that I have neglected you sadly in an update on myself. So here I am to tell you all of what I have been doing since Monday the 13th.

Beginning on Monday the 13th, I had work for a few hours, before heading off to my doctor’s appointment. This was the third or fourth time I’ve had to go to the doctors. The reason for this was my cough that had been with me since June. That plus the fact that I was having problems breathing made it difficult to go without seeing the doctor. Well, after all the drugs he put me on, nothing still helped. It has, since then, receded quite a bit, but is still there and bothers me from time to time. That evening, we went to the first night of HSMA. That was a lot of fun. I got to see all my friends that I hadn’t seen since June!

Tuesday, the 14th, I did some school for most of the day. At this point, I have to mention that I really don’t have a lot of school at this point. I’m either trying to begin it or I just don’t have the book. I think I should point this out because I haven’t been very diligent about my school. That evening, I got invited by Aimee to go with her and Emilie to watch the boys play their soccer game up in Lansing. I went, and had an absolute blast. So many of the boys I knew already so that made the game a bit more interesting. Afterwards, Aimee, Emilie, Zach, Jessica and I all went out to dinner. We had even more fun there just hanging out.

Wednesday, the 15th, was our first day of classes. So at 9 in the morning, we piled in the car and headed off to church. Our first class was History of Christendom (if you’re reading this you’ve probably already seen the notes on it) and the second class was Argumentation. They are both a little challenging (Christendom moreso), but doable if I put my mind to the grindstone. The other people in the class other than me are Rachel, Jon, Becca, my mom, Libby, Christian, Abby, and Aimee.

Thursday, the 16th, I recall (although it was a week ago) that I was extremely tired on this day. I did a lot of school and music. I should also mention that back in late May, my left wrist began to hurt an extreme amount whenever I did simple chores around the house, but especially when I played viola. I had gone to see a doctor, but he said that it would probably just go away so take some Advil. Well, here it is in late September, and it remains with me to the point of hurting so much more than back then. On the evening of the 16th, my mom, sister, brother and I all played in the pit for Brigadoon in Holt…so we had our fourth show going on that night.

Friday, the 17th was one LONG day! As I recall, I only got about 4 hours of sleep the night before so that didn’t help a bit. First thing in the morning, Mrs. Billinghurst came and picked me up and took me up to Faith Bible church for HPA. In the morning was the younger children’s show, but I had to be there, because I am on the choreography team for Brigadoon and had to be taught the dances during Aristocats. So since I was there early, I helped set things up for the Organizational Meeting that night before I had to go learn the dances. After that, I had a Devotions Committee Meeting. That was a lot of fun. I’m on the committee with Andrea, Reuben, Matt, Katherine and Stephanie Edwards. The last two weren’t there, but we still had an absolute blast. After that meeting, I just hung out till we had some other stuff go on. We had an ice-breaker type of meeting before doing some ballet workshop stuff and then we showed them the dance, then did some choir stuff. And after that we ate dinner (while having another devotions meeting). Then, while all the others were in their organizational meeting, Rachel, Jon, my mom, and I all headed off to another show in Holt. That was, oh, so much longer and harder than any other night.

Saturday, the 18th was another long day (amazing huh?). We had work and chores in the morning, and then two shows in the afternoon/evening. During the shows, we had a few good hours, so we went out shopping and then to have some coffee with Josh (a guy we met in the pit). After that, we stopped by the Dollar Store to stock up on some items to scare Josh. Apparently he doesn’t care for spiders, so we were glad that the store was stocking up on Halloween items. After our last show, we went to the cast/pit party at Buddy’s. We stayed there and watched the State game until THEY WON. =) Then, we had to bid all our wonderful pit people goodbye. Josh promised he’d come and play in our pit.

Sunday, I don’t really recall doing much. I mean, obviously, we had church in the morning and evening, but I think the day was mostly devoted to relaxing and enjoying the Lords Day. I will probably post my church/Sunday school notes on here sometime. That evening, after church, Aimee came home and had dinner with us.

Monday was the start of another week (well duh). I just felt as if you should all know that. I had to go to work in the morning till the afternoon. Shortly after I got home, we left for HSMA. I had so much fun with Erin during the time that we waited for choir to get out. We were very sneaky. I also got to talk to Madison for a little bit. I talked a little to Mrs. V. about my wrist problems, and she didn’t really say much except to stop if it hurt. I got to be first chair for the first time in forever. At break, I stopped playing, because it just hurt too much. Madison asked if I wanted to go out for coffee, so I did that and got back just in time, because they were just finishing rehearsal. It was just Rachel and I on the way home, because my mom wanted to stay home and practice for Mason orchestra the next night, Jon was sick, and Becca had gone home with my dad. So that was a fun ride home.

Tuesday, was very much full of music and work and school. But the day was BEAUTIFUL. I loved the last day of summer. I had been emailing Libby that day and asked if we could get together. She said that we could and so we both got all our school done really fast. I went to her house at about 4:45 after getting a movie at the library. When I got there, we talked for a little bit and then went upstairs to watch Ladder 49. We both bawled our eyes out. At one part, we both looked at each other and just sort of laughed and then cried even harder. After the movie, it was pretty late, so she suggested that I call my parents and see if I can just stay the night. Well, I still don’t know how I got them to say yes, but I did. Wow, that night was *amazing*. Right after my parents said yes and I hung up, it began to storm really badly. The wind picked up and there was a ton of thunder and lightening and then it was raining. Mrs. Timmis said that we all had to go down to the basement. That was really sweet. So we all piled the blankets and pillows and movies and computers and TVs and such down there. We stayed down there for a few hours. After that, we went up to bed. We both managed to fit on this twin bed of hers. I’d say we stayed up till about 2:30 or later just talking.

Yesterday, we had classes bright and early! So after dragging ourselves out of bed, we showered and grabbed some breakfast and then piled in the car to go to church. We never did get to Argumentation, since we spent so much time on Christendom. I got about 6 pages of notes. Also, since it was the first day of fall, my mom got donuts and cider for after class. I went home and worked on school till 1:30 when I went to work. I worked till 7:30 and then came home to crash. My parents were out with my grandma for a movie and dinner.

Since I don’t know when I’ll write next, I will give you a quick overview of what is in the future. Today is nothing…just nothing. Maybe relaxing and getting caught up on school. Tomorrow is Aristocats and then L’Abri in the evening. Saturday, is the Davis Harvest Party. I am really looking forward to that. Sunday, is nothing once again. Monday is HSMA and work. Tuesday is work again. Wednesday is classes and Thursday is nothing. Friday is Aristocats and Brigadoon. Saturday is Becca’s b-day and Sunday is nothing. So yeah, that’s it! Thank you for reading.

3 comments:

Erin said...

sounds like you're busy..unlike me..hahahaha Monday was Hilarious!!!!

Sarah said...

haha, you need to get busy sometime! Like...SUPER busy! It's fun! :) I loved hanging out with you on Monday! <3

Name said...

I had a blast with you on Tuesday!!!! Thanks for coming over!