Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Grace of God

While thinking on the “Grace of God,”
And what it did for me,
A few reflections came my way
The blessed truth to see.
“G” stands for God’s Eternal Gift
That’s offered free to all;
He’ll not reject one single soul
Who in contrition calls.
“R” stands for Riches that we find
That none can take away;
Though banks may fail, inflations come,
Our riches always stay.
“A” stands for the Atoning One
Who died my sins to bear
That I might be a Child of God,
And all His blessings share.
“C” stands for Christ Who paid the price,
My sinful soul reclaimed,
And now, today, I’ve peace and joy
For which I’m unashamed.
“E” stands for the Expense that grace
Demanded of God’s Son,
But praise the Lord the debts now paid
For you, and everyone.
When someone asks: “What is God’s grace?”
Do not be in suspense;
Just answer them in five short words;
“God’s Riches At Christ’s Expense.”

--Arthur J. Stairs

2 comments:

Tarissa said...

Hi Sarah!
I saw that you are a new follower on my blog (In the Bookcase) so I thought I should check out your blog too. You have very nice posts! This one especially caught my eye. I've never read this poem before, but I really enjoyed it.

Blessings,
~ Tarissa

Sarah said...

Tarissa: Thank you so much for stopping by! It is always such a blessing to see other people interested in reading what I write. I read your blog the other day and although I didn't post anything, I thought it was well worth my time! I will continue to be stopping by your blog!