Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Kari Jobe - Encouraging Words

Last weekend I got a CD from the library...a brand new CD! I was the first to check it out...that always excites me. It's by Kari Jobe...I haven't actually ever heard her music before, but she's under the Christian section and I love finding new Christian artists. I still haven't listened to the music yet, but I have it on my computer! In the meantime...I read her "thank you" list. At the end, this caught my eye and lifted me up tonight.

"To you, my friends: I pray these songs would draw you closer to the Lord so that you sense His nearness and hear His heart beating for you. 

He is FOR YOU, His love is FOR YOU, His grace is FOR YOU.

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. You will find Him when you search for Him with all your heart. Nothing is too hard or difficult for the Lord. He cares for you and everything you're walking through. As you listen to this album, I encourage you to stop, be still and take time to meditate on His word. Instead of only your own thoughts, I encourage you to fill your heart, mind, and spirit with HIS word and thoughts for you! 1 Peter 5:7 says, "Cast all your cares upon HIM, for He cares for you." Lean into Him and "be strong and of good courage, do not fear or be afraid; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave or forsake you." (Deuteronomy 31:6)

Be encouraged and full of hope!"

This really uplifted me...the fact that a Christian artist really does focus on GOD! So many of them claim to be...but then their lyrics are dull and man-centered...more about how man should feel good and just so focused on us. Instead, I really feel like she centers God and places Him first. I really like how she talks about us searching for Him. I think that's really important in any Christian's life. My prayer for myself and for you, my readers, is that we would *want* to seek him...*want* to search for Him. Not just do it...but desperately and passionately WANT to. That should be part of a Christian's prayer life: Lord, give me a fire to want to know you more...a yearning to think your thoughts after you...a desire to make you known to others! That's what I'll leave you with, dear readers. May God plant that seed of want and need in your heart so that He may be glorified through it all! 

2 comments:

Britt Lauren said...

I like Kari Jobe's music, what is the new cd called? I'd love to listen to some of the songs. Thanks for posting on this Sarah!! :)

Unknown said...

The new CD is "Where I Find You". I'm very excited to listen to it! Another thing I love about her is her style! Modest, yet very cute!!