Monday, March 22, 2010

Deathcare

Last night, something was passed in the White House that most of you know as the Healthcare Bill. To expose all its falsities, I shall refer to it as the Deathcare Bill.

I didn't know what time the votes were to be cast. We were watching a live broadcast of what was going on. I went away and just began to pray...pray so hard that, Lord, you know what is right. You know what is just. It will be only just of you to unleash this upon your people. But I pray that You would in wrath, remember mercy. We don't deserve mercy...but we do wish for it. And I pray, that only Your will be done. You know what my will is, but it is really Your will that will be done. Your will...it will be done on earth, just as it is being done in heaven. Your will is being done everywhere and I beg that your will might be that this does not pass. It will eat away at our lives. It will ultimately destroy us. The government has already begun to take control over our lives. How much farther shall it go before it gains the role of God to us. It shall stand between us and death. It shall give the orders to us on how to live our lives and what to do within them. Lord, that is your role.

Shortly after I prayed this, I went and checked out the votes. It made me so sad that I wanted to cry. Lord, I thought, I know that this is obviously Your will, but why, Lord, why?! Couldn't you have just pushed it off and proved that Obama is not so Messiah-like as so many thought him to be? He is a liar. Joe Wilson was so right when he cried out "Liar!" It was saddening, truly saddening that Mr. Wilson had to go back and apologize for his outburst. Now, I'm not saying so much that I didn't want him to apologize as much as I am saying that he shouldn't have apologized that way. He was right...Obama did lie. He did say, however, that his outburst was "spontaneous" and not planned. For that fact, I think he should have apologized for interrupting Obama's speech. He should NOT have apologized for calling him a liar. He is a liar through and through. There is no way that people cannot see this. Joe Wilson apologized for his "inappropriate and regrettable comments." They were not inappropriate! They were true!

And after that, Republicans were talking about Joe Wilson in such ways that were in and of themselves disrespectful! "totally disrespectful, "no place for it in that setting or any other and he should apologize immediately.", "It was crude and disrespectful; I think the person who said it will pay a price.", "I was always taught that the first sign of a good education is good manners. I think that what we saw tonight was really bad manners. And having a spirited debate is one thing, exercising bad manners is another. That was beyond the pale -- and I would hope that he would publicly apologize on that same floor to the president of the United States for that insult.", "engaging in childish name-calling and disrespecting our commander in chief.". These are mostly Republicans saying this stuff! Traitors!

Anyways, back to the actual topic. It has been clear that Obama is not so high and mighty as most people had assumed when he stepped into office. He has proposed several things which have begun to show his true character. How much longer will it take till everyone realizes how awful he really is? What a liar and a control freak he is? How he dreams of taking over this "great" country till all we dream of is freedom?! He shall run our lives! How much will he do before we realize what he is really doing? He has already taken over the car industry, the banks...now healthcare? Next will be the grocery stores. No joke.

*sigh* The thing that I keep telling myself whenever I find myself too depressed over this, or too angry at the stupid or evil people of the world is this: God is really in control. No matter what it appears to be, He really is over all of us...including the government. As I lay in bed last night and was contemplating what had just happened, I began to cry. And then, just as suddenly as I began to cry, I stopped. I had thought of a verse (I love how my brain brings up a verse the very moment I need it!). It is probably my favorite verse in the whole Bible: "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." -- Psalm 46:9-11. It just helped me to realize that God is God. He will always be and He will always rule. He shall be the one in control of my life and shall never leave me no matter what. He will be the one who is in control of my healthcare...not Obama. I won't give in to Obama...I won't give him an inch of my life, because it all belongs to my Lord.

So, Lord, deliver us from Obama...save us from ourselves. You are the only One who can do that.

4 comments:

Name said...

My gosh... I didn't know.

Sarah said...

you are kidding me!! It has been everywhere!

Zach D. said...

What i think Joe Wilson ment by "Inappropriate and regrettable comments" was that it was an inappropriate time to say them, and he regretted doing it in front of a video camera. :D even if they were true, you can't go around saying stuff like that. You'll get busted. What would have happened if someone called out Hitler???? I don't think his apology implied that he was wrong, tho

Sarah said...

I believe you are correct, Zach. :)