Monday, May 6, 2013

Deception and Rumors

I can honestly say that through observation I've seen how our culture had become one of deception and rumors and lies. A person is more willing to hear a lie from their best friend than the truth from a stranger. Truth, honesty, investigation into rumors...it's a thing of the past. 

One "avoids" conflict by hearing, believing, and judging by rumors and not pursing any truth from the person by the rumor is about. No one bothers to go to the accused and ask if it's true. Instead, they accept the rumor as truth and avoid any confrontation about what they've heard or believe. This leads to a mess of drama and heartaches and broken friendships and lost love. 

If you think I'm talking to the one reading this status, I'm not. It's just a general culture/generation thing. But if you want to take it personally, then that is not my fault because I warned you not to. But next time you hear something about anyone, check with it. Turns out, people lie. People spread rumors. People blow things up and miscommunicate. It's gotten to where I can't talk to anyone about anyone even about something good without someone taking it the wrong way and spreading it places and then I get blacklisted and avoided because of something GOOD I said. Silliness. Just ask. Just investigate. Just believe truth. 

1 comment:

Amanda Pendergast said...

This is becoming painfully common! Thanks for being brave enough to post about it.