Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My goal this week

One of my primary problems growing up was learning to submit. I hated submitting to anyone especially guys I knew. As I am growing up more and more, reading more books on how to be a godly woman prepared for marriage, and learning more spiritually, it's becoming easier to become the woman God would want me to be. I am learning my place in my life. It is to be a help-meet, always there to lend a willing helpful hand, but also to be the silent and invisible person. I am to submit willingly to my husband's will and desire no matter how much I oppose it, only if it doesn't directly disobey God's law. I have been actually doing much better then I used to be, but as I went through my daily life today, my eyes were opened to see how much that thinking of mine had impacted my younger sister, Rebecca. She was now nearly as unsubmissive as I had been at her age, in fact, she was developing it much quicker then I had. This was most likely due to me being someone she looked up to and saw it as something I felt strongly about and so incorporated it into her lifestyle. Now, as the youngest, she is openly stubborn and unwilling to submit to anyone older then her. So my goal for this week: show her how happier it makes everyone (including yourself) when you listen and obey God through submission. Help her understand how it is the best role as a young girl preparing for marriage, and display it for her by submitting to the men and boys in my life who are mature enough to be given my respect and obedience. Lord, be with me, I pray.

No comments: